What did you use to paint your fireplace?
Just standard Emulsion on the Marble effect base and Gloss on the wood frame. The fire is disconnected from the gas mains so we have never actually used it – we will be replacing it in the next few months as part of our the Living Room renovation. The painting was only for decorative/short-term purposes but worked a treat.
- The chair is from Next and is called The Alfie. Side Unit and Rug are also from Next.
- Book picture above the chair is from Desenio
- Lamp base is from John Lewis
- The Lampshade, Mirror and Tall Vase above the Fireplace is from Neptune
Where did you get The Monks Bench from that is in your Lobby?
It is from eBay – I first discovered it on Pinterest and saved it to one of my boards. The next day I was browsing on eBay when I saw the exact same one for sale from an antique seller, so I knew we had to have it! It cost £180. We have never sanded or oiled it since we purchased it in June 2017.
- The colour on the walls is by Farrow and Ball. The lighter tone is Cornforth White, and the darker shade is Moles Breath.
- Wood Flooring is from Treadwood Flooring in Reading
- Pictures on the wall are all from Desenio
- Paddington, Covent Garden. Oxford Street Signs are from Homesense
- The coat rack is from eBay and Ian sprayed it Black to tie it in more.
- Plant basket is from Sainsbury’s
- Grey Cushion is from John Lewis
- Plants are Ikea
Before/During Renovation Pictures