Who made your mantle above the oven and how did they make it?
Mantle was made by our builder, and he used a simple timber framework which was then clad with plasterboard. We had to ensure we used fire-resistant boarding on the inside of the mantle. It had a drywall finish. The shelf above the oven was also made by our builder by using a piece of Architrave and then two pieces of wood to create the step detail.
- The kitchen is by DIY Kitchens – Helmsley In-Frame painted in White. Worktop is Solid Oak – also from DIY Kitchens
- The Kitchen cupboard door knobs are from The Anvil. Polished Nickel Beehive.
- Range Oven is by Lacanche and the colour is Anthracite with Satin Nickel knobs.
- Walls are painted in Farrow and Ball Cornforth White and Moles Breath (darker shade)
- Emma Bridgewater is a mix of unused collectors’ items and useable everyday plates, bowls etc. in the ranges Black Toast, Black Splatter, Indian Sponge, Black Wallpaper and Knives and Forks.
- The fridge is a Samsung RF23 and purchased from AO.
- Coffee Machine is Nespresso Magimax
- The coffee print is from Desenio, Plant Pot Cox and Cox, Emma Bridgewater Sugar, Coffee and Biscuit Pots
- The Pictures in the kitchen are from Desenio and Homesense
- Plant under the pictures in the kitchen is from Ikea
- Size of the Island is 900mm x 1900mm x 920mm (Height)
- The distance between the oven and the sink is 1000mm
- The distance between our Island the existing wall is 750mm
- Our Stools are from Next and called The Hudson
- Glass Vase on the Island and Tulip Lifelong Flowers – Neptune
- Worktop Oil used on the worktops is – Osmo Top Oil in Clear Matt (Decorating Centre Online)