AD – This is a sponsored post in collaboration with STAUB UK
Since using STAUB cast iron cookware, we did not realise what a difference a STAUB cast iron pan could do to your recipes! The additional flavour and moisture – using their special Chistera drop structure on the underside of the lid which keeps food moist during cooking – is really something else! We have cooked this recipe a few times before (using a standard ‘non -stick’ pan – not that ‘non-stick’ after 3 months of use, however!!) but since cooking it in a Staub Cast Iron Sauté Pan With Chistera Lid it has really upped the flavour and worth every penny!
This is a great dish to impress friends and family, healthy, tasty and quick to make, so it really is a winner all round.
You will need the following ingredients, which serves 4:
- 500g Turkey Breast Mince
- 500g Pork Mince (5% or 10% fat is fine)
- 80g of Grated Mozzarella (or any cheddar cheese is fine)
- 8 cloves garlic, grated + 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed chilli pepper flakes, optional
- 1 crumbled chicken stock cube
- Salt and Black Pepper
- A handful of freshly chopped coriander
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 4 medium Courgettes, spiralized
- 80g of Fresh Spaghetti per person
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Firstly, you want to prepare the meatballs, so in a large bowl add the turkey and pork mince, cheese, grated garlic, Italian seasoning, stock cube, red chilli pepper flakes, chopped coriander and black pepper. We use a Kitchen Aid to mix it all together however using your hands (the good old fashioned way) is totally fine also. Once you’ve mixed all the ingredients together, form the meatballs by rolling them into roughly 20 pieces (5 per person) Pop on a plate, cover, and set aside.
- The next step is to cook the fresh spaghettt, we use a STAUB Round Cocette (use the cooking instructions on the pack) this should only take a few minutes, drain and set aside for later.
- Next, you need to melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a Staub Cast Iron Sauté Pan With Chistera Lid over medium heat. Cook the turkey meatballs for 10-15 minutes on all sides, until golden brown and cooked through. While cooking, baste the meatballs with the mix of butter and juices. Remove to a clean plate and set aside.
- In the same Staub Cast Iron Sauté Pan With Chistera Lid melt the remaining tablespoon of butter; then add your lemon juice, hot sauce, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Add the courgetti noodles and cooked spaghetti and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring regularly, until the courgetti has softened. Be careful not to overcook the courgetti as it can get quite soggy. Seasoning with salt and pepper and garnish with more coriander.
- Move the courgetti and spaghetti noodles to one side of the Staub pan and add the meatballs back to the pan and reheat for a minute or two, add the Staub lid back on to ensure maximum moisture. As condensation is evenly drizzled over the food, it keeps the meat tender and vegetables moist with no additional liquids being required… good hey!? Now you’re ready to serve the garlic butter turkey meatballs with lemon corgetti/spaghetti noodles immediately with a lemon slice on the side. Bring the pan to the table and lift the lid and hear the sizzle, making your friends mouths water in anticipation as you serve them this tasty dish! Enjoy!
In collaboration with STAUB, we are offering you 15% off* until the 3rd November 2020 when you use code 1930s15 – once entered at the checkout it will remove the discount.
*This code can be used to redeem 15% off full priced products only.